What We Do
A company’s structure and culture determines its ability to execute strategy and adapt rapidly to change. In today’s changing economic environment, organizations should be structured to answer several crucial questions:
- How can we translate our strategic objectives into organizational requirements?
- How can we align accountabilities with our organization’s configuration?
- To what extent can productivity be improved while our cost base is being cut?
- How can we reduce organizational complexity (bureaucracy) and still maintain necessary control?
- What characteristics do we need to be an efficient and sustainable organization?
We know that the essence of organization—people working together collaboratively—is the basis of competitive advantage. That is why we address organizational performance and employee engagement simultaneously.
In our practice we assess companies in innovative ways and to successfully transform them to achieve their desired outcomes.
In creating an organization design that maximizes efficiency, management effectiveness, cooperation, and employee commitment.
Designing the operations that is both lean and active and that enables the organization to innovate and create value
Preparing the organization for institutional memory loss, when staff transition or retire.
Focusing on resources capabilities and skills, by hiring the right talent, ensuring that employees are performing the proper activities to the best of their abilities, helping them develop the appropriate skills and capabilities, connecting them with one another, and attaining excellence in the business functions.
Improving performance by working explicitly on behavior and culture in ways that are both measurable and supportive of strategic goals and outcomes.
Identifying, developing and deploying highly skilled and adaptive leaders prepared to successfully navigate the changing requirements of leadership and talent, supported by performance metrics, systems and development programs to generate the internal strength required for long-term success and achievement of strategic goals.
Rigorously instilling change-management capabilities to ensure that the full benefits of any change program are realized through key actions:
- creating the change agenda, mobilizing the organization, hard-wiring the organization for change, managing for results, communicating strategically and consistently, and sustaining and reinventing change as necessary to meet current and future demands.
Today’s competitive global economy raises the stakes in virtually every industry. To succeed, companies must become efficient, move faster, and change to meet client demands. They must reinforce their core capabilities, find fresh sources of differentiation, and develop the skills and capacity for ongoing change.
The success of any organization depends on knowing what business you are in (or should be in), understanding the current and future sources of advantage in that business, and capturing and maintaining a privileged advantage.
Working with Resultant Group, we will be thinking about new and innovative ways for you to compete. Working in partnership with your organization, we closely assess all relevant aspects of your business, design strategies to unlock new sources of advantage, and support you in bringing them to life.
Risk Management and measurement are complex and failure can be catastrophic. Operations, Revenue, and resource management are also challenging because expense management and profitability are mostly generated not from short-term activities but from long-term management of client portfolios. Additionally, calculating risk requires dealing with organizations multiple risks methodologies such as Lean practices, six sigma, and PMO’s and Asset management. This inherent complexity makes the design of performance measurement reporting difficult, whether for a front-line unit or the corporation as a whole; it also makes management’s need for effective performance measurement more critical.
How are we distinctive? Many organizations are plagued both by having too many dials on their management dashboards and having problematic measures that can be counter-indicative to creating value. Trimming the list of measures down to one effective set that is tested to ensure that negative, unanticipated consequences are not the result (e.g., from achieving a given goal only to find out that doing so was not correlated with stakeholder value).
We have defined a selection of measures that harmoniously encompass an organization's desire to simultaneously;
- Increase stakeholder value
- Deliver services to a growing share of clients by offering compelling points of differentiation, and
- Continually strive for improvements in operational efficiencies and productivity.
Many executives see their organizations’ strategy-development processes as bureaucratic rather than insightful—more focused on the past rather than on developing future competitive advantage.
Resultant Group engages in dialogue on how to improve the quality of planning:
- How can we best generate the creative insights that lead to competitive advantage?
- How do we increase our agility and preparedness in the face of a volatile environment?
- How do we best integrate strategic vision into corporate plans and annual budgets?
- How can we foster engagement to ensure our strategy is transformed into action?
- What processes will achieve our objectives most effectively and efficiently
Organizations facing sustainability and growth challenges, of course, need to transform themselves. But so do the world's most successful companies continues to look for opportunities to reinvent itself. All great companies, at times, look for ways to fundamentally enhance their trajectory. In most cases their search requires attacking the following areas:
- leveraging strengths and building new ones to allow measurable out-performance - Winning in the short to medium term
- Funding the journey—successfully dealing with near term pressures by freeing up cash and achieving quick wins
- Ensuring a team, organization, and culture that have the right ambitions, skills, and capabilities to deliver.
Attacking these three elements is, of course, challenging, but it is a challenge that more and more leaders need to confront. Although driving change can be difficult, the root causes of what makes it so difficult are not unique
Our clients are senior business and IT executives who value, independent, in- biased and impact-oriented approach. We have no financial interest in downstream IT implementation or outsourcing services, Resultant Group acts as an objective IT facilitator and advisors. Our clients also value Resultant Group strengths in strategy, organization, and operations, as well as the strategic lens we apply to IT enabling business.
Our IT expertise is concentrated in the following critical areas:
- IT Strategy. We help clients leverage IT in their business-planning and innovation efforts and develop strategic IT architectures and road maps.
- IT Transformation. We help clients use IT to transform their value propositions, organizations, operations, and financial results.
- IT Sourcing. We develop overall IT and business-process sourcing strategies and help clients select, make agreements with, and manage outsourcing and offshore units more effectively.
- IT Organization. We help clients define the role and mission of their IT organization, design more effective organization structures, improve governance, and identify new people-and skills management practices.
- IT Performance. We partner with clients to delineate key IT-performance objectives and metrics and improve IT efficiency and effectiveness.
- IT Capability Maturity Framework. We utilize this framework to evaluate the full scope of IT's activities—both strategically and from a business-value-added perspective—and help clients optimize their IT functions and operating costs.
Mobile devices, social networking, cloud computing, and other technologies are profoundly transforming the relationships between businesses and their customers.
In this digital economy, consumers are becoming more powerful, and companies find themselves with new avenues for building competitive advantage.
To thrive in such an environment, companies need not only awareness of these emerging technologies but also senior-level commitment to developing and implementing organizational responses to them.
Resultant Group has extensive experience, and knowledge to help clients succeed in this new age of competition. We have developed a, cross-functional approach that focuses on the key dimensions of success and builds on our industry and functional expertise, assisting organization in growing and surviving in the digital economy. Those who are able to operate under new assumptions—and who are willing to explore and implement new approaches will be sustainable and attain generative growth.
Following a merger or consolidation, management is under strict time pressure to address challenges such as defining strategic integration, transition, consolidation priorities and identifying internal synergies.
The post consolidation or merger integration process presents several key questions:
- How do we ensure we are incorporating the right key success factors?
- What business functions must be integrated quickly, and how do we focus on realizing synergies?
- How can we best integrate two different cultures and deal with conflicts between them?
- How do we keep staff focused on business and client during the integration process?
We adapt our approach to each particular type of consolidation or merger and to the most important sources of potential value.
Innovation is the key to driving growth, value for shareholders, and competitive advantage in today’s global economy. Companies that are not effective innovators face a number of challenges:
- How do we improve the financial returns from our current activities?
- How can our company build and sustain an innovative culture?
- What does it mean to be an effective innovation leader?
- How should we be measuring innovation?
- How can we modernize our business model?
- Resultant Group experience across the full range of innovation and creativity barriers innovation activities. To create a strategic and sustainable long-term approach to constant renewal, we also have a special focus on business model innovation.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
We propose a new approach that extends established theories of creativity and theories of innovation. It shows how organizations can create a culture of innovation that stimulates and harnesses creativity. This new approach is the connection between organizational development and the development of individuals, particularly in terms of accountability, the target outcome is the use of talent, tacit knowledge and innovation in the workforce.
When creating a culture of creativity and innovation we address three areas:
Accountability and individual development, including cultural awareness and how to use diversity as a leader.
Team effectiveness, including team roles, practices and attitudes.
Organizational development, which involves bringing accountability and decision making down to the appropriate level within the organization, as well as focusing on the role of leadership in developing a culture of sustainable innovation.
This approach, tailored to our clients’ specific circumstances and objectives, consists of the following elements:
- Inquiry into what innovation means for your organization; what has made you successful in the past and how you can build upon your success?
- What would a culture of innovation look like, and what does it require?
- Definition of your goals, the outcomes (specific per area) to find out where the commitment lies.
- Assessment (using Internet tools, interviews, etc.) of individual, team and organizational creativity and innovation competence. Setting benchmarks for change.
- Commitment In Action program and Breakthrough Initiatives, an action learning program producing concrete mid- and long-term results, where creative individuals work in teams. The various “building blocks” of this program are determined by your goals, specific circumstances and objectives.
- Ongoing individual and team coaching.
- A process for monitoring the effect of the program and measuring the success.
As a result of this approach our clients will have:
- Awareness of individual, team and organizational competence for innovation.
- An individual roadmap for increasing creativity.
- A team roadmap for increasing inventive competence by reconciling key team dilemmas.
- An organizational roadmap for developing a culture of creativity and innovation.
- Increased competence (individual, team and organizational) for dealing effectively with diversity by reconciling dilemmas, making the Commitment actionable.
We use workshops to engage, co-operate and collaborate whilst embedding the skills needed to sustain innovation.